EVE Tweet Fleet
Aethlyn's Quarter

Monday, July 4, 2011

Command Ship Or No Command Ship?

claymoreSo I finally decided on taking on the last steps of the road to Command Ships. It’s been a long time since I tried to do it for the last time. Earlier this year I wasn’t sure whether I should specialize in a Strategic Cruiser, essentially the Loki, or one of the Command Ships. Seeing the Loki as a lot more versatile ship I picked that one first. I won’t regret that choice but I’m feeling a bit uncomfortable carrying a ship worth more than 1 billion ISK into Incursions or PvP.

Due to having many skill points in Leadership already (from piloting my Orca) I picked the Claymore as my primary target for now. I somehow prefer the supporting/buffing/defensive role so getting access to Logistics on the route is a nice added plus as well. I just fear the 3 or 4 weeks training for Battlecruisers – again such a long time without getting any real and immediate benefits as I’m not using any battlecruiser right now. I’ve still got my old Hurricane but compared to my Loki I’d consider it a massive downgrade.

As an alternative I tinkered about acquiring a Machariel to do level 4 missions faster but going that way I’d like to obtain the T2 turrets before actually running missions causing another 30 or so days to train. So in the end I’m essentially stuck between 30+ days for a Command Ship or 30+ days for a Machariel. While I really like both ships, the Machariel has to wait – at least till I’m able to pick up Logistics. I’m flying level 4 missions already and I’d somehow prefer something new to do. Doing them faster is nice, but doing something new might be even more fun.

Labels: