EVE Tweet Fleet
Aethlyn's Quarter

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Woohoo, Expensive Stuff!

MacharielIt’s been a while since my last update due to work stuff, some weekend headache, etc. Anyway, there’s something new in my inventory – I’ve got a brand new car spaceship. Well, I’ve had the money and the skills for quite some time now but I didn’t feel like flying all the way (almost 25 jumps) to Jita just to buy that damn expensive blueprint. I’m happy I’ve done it yesterday (thanks to the Caldari Incursion staging just 2 or 3 jumps away from Jita).

So I’m just buying some items away from flying this baby to shoot down its first pirates. However I’ve somehow got that “brand new and expensive car, hope I don’t scratch it!” feeling. I’ve never been that wasteful guy, despite the fact my DVD collection might suggest something different. Now I’m struggling about a fitting fitting (yay) … I’d like to have some DPS ship for incursions (lots of people looking for Logistics, but still many fleets looking for DPS only) but I’d like to use it for missioning as well. Maybe I should just manufacture a second one, but that would be another 700 million ISK sitting around at least half the time – and I need some more ISK for more expensive modules as well (at least for the mission running fitting). This might result in a rather expensive adventure anyway. And if it’s shot down? Well, I know the whole “don’t fly something you can’t replace” stuff, but still…

I really hate these decisions. It’s not my first ship being a bit more expensive as well as not being my first pirate faction ship. Equipping my Dramiel was a lot easier though. I just fitted some PvE stuff for lower missions and complexes. Maybe I’ll just wait the few days left unlocking Command Ships and fit a Claymore or a Sleipnir to fly in Incursions. The Huginn looks tempting as well, but my EWAR and Propulsion Jamming skills are far from perfect. At least losing one of these wouldn’t feel that bad. On the other hand I guess I’ll just have to save another billion or two and buy everything just to be sure. At least this sounds like something to achieve so the game doesn’t get boring.

Labels: